Archives

Thursday, February 18, 2010

YouMail App for My Palm Pre... or Why I Love My Blog

Yesterday's post was about the new YouMail app for the Blackberry. In that post I mentioned that I would love to have that functionality for my Palm Pre, but that it wasn't available yet.

Well a reader was nice enough to let me know about YouView, a 3rd party app for the Palm Pre that gives me a fully functional visual voicemail program that completely integrates my YouMail account with my Pre.

All I had to do was download the file, pay the $3.99 fee to activate, and enter my account info. All of the voicemails, folders, contacts... everything I have in my YouMail account on the web was available on my phone in a few seconds. I can now see who called, listen to voicemails in any order, delete with a swipe of my finger, transfer from my inbox to a folder, and call the person back... just to name a few.

Here are some highlights:

  • Completely visual - see who called, from where, and even their picture.

  • You can still dial in like before (if you feel the need!).

  • Return the phone call with a simple tap of your finger.

  • Flag voicemails that need followed up so you don’t forget.

  • Save time – Play messages in any order! Tap to play or swipe to delete.

  • Organize – Stay organized by placing voicemails into folders.

  • Voice-To-Text Transcriptions - Know if a message truly is urgent in situations when you can't simply dial or answer your phone. Read and respond to voicemail messages while in a meeting, class, movie or other busy setting.

  • Custom Greetings - Easily have different greetings for your sweetie, your friends, your co-workers and your boss. Choose from a library of free greetings or upload any sound file as a greeting.

  • Share voicemails with family, friends, or colleagues via text or email.

  • Automatically hang up on unwanted callers before they can leave a voicemail.

  • Easily let a pesky ex or telemarketers think your number is no longer in service.

  • Effortlessly sync your YouMail contacts with your phones contact list using Palm’s Synergy technology.

If you'd like to download YouView, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment