Archives

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Manufacturers Look to Bring Glossy Screens to Flat Screen Televisions

I have several laptops and the last Windows machine I purchased had a glossy screen. I didn't know what to think of it at first, but it sure looked cool in the store. Once I got it home, I found that there were times that the shiny screen was actually a liability, causing me to have to reposition it to see properly.

Now there were times when it seemed to add to the viewing experience, especially when watching movies or video, but I found myself preferring the flat finish. When I bought my MacBook Pro I was really happy that it had the flat screen finish.

Now it seems that many TV manufacturers are pushing to add the glossy finish to the world of TV's. The problem for me is that repositioning a laptop screen is relatively easy, but a large flat screen TV... not so much.

I know that they look cool when you see them in the store, but I'd definitely make sure of the viewing potential before purchasing one. The reflective properties could really make for a less than stellar viewing experience depending on the layout of the room it is in.

No comments:

Post a Comment