Archives

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Impressions from the Chicago Midwinter

Well, I survived another meeting in Chicago! The Chicago Midwinter is always a whirlwind for me. It's a series of meetings, dinners, lectures, and prowling the exhibits for new and exciting ways to make the lives of our patients better.

Last year, I felt that the show was well attended and that doctor's were optimistic about the future. This year, that trend continues. The meeting was moved to the newly finished west building of the McCormick Place convention center. The new facility is gorgeous and really added to the event.

The attendance seemed good, especially on Friday when it was wall to wall in the classrooms and the exhibit hall most of the day. My class on advanced caries detection of Friday was a sold out event and I'd like to thank all of you who chose to attend. I'm always honored that you come to see me.

Most vendors reported they were happy with sales at the show although some of the smaller vendors I spoke with stated mediocre success. However, many vendors reported good sales and were happy with the meeting. My personal feel was that concern over the economy is definitely on the wane and things will only get better.

I saw some very interesting things that I'll try and post about in the future. Suffice it to say that last year, large innovations were not as frequently being developed, but there are many smaller products that are on their way to market that will offer us ways to improve patient's lives.

If you weren't able to make it to Chicago, it was a great time. Hopefully my Twitter updates provided some extra insight into the meeting.

However, the best part of travelling is getting back to your own place in the world. It really is true; there's no place like home.


No comments:

Post a Comment