Archives

Monday, February 22, 2010

Sopro LIFE evaluation to begin this week...

I'm a huge fan of digital caries detection. It's one of my passions and I love what it means to my patients. Over the past few years I've been lucky enough to have given quite a few lectures on the subject and I'm thrilled that the field keeps expanding with new ideas and devices.

Enter the Sopro LIFE. This is the newest player in the market, having received FDA clearance just over a month ago. The Sopro LIFE combines a caries fluorescing array of LED's in the body of an intraoral camera. The user can see the fluorescence of decay on the monitor while putting the device over the tooth.

The LED array is also capable of emitting a regular white light and the device can also function as a regular intraoral camera.

The device arrived in my office on Friday and I'm going to start putting it through some clinical tests this week. Hopefully I'll have an idea of how it performs before I have to leave for the Chicago Midwinter Meeting on Wednesday. If you're planning on coming to my Caries Detection lecture on Friday, I'll have a tad bit of info about it in the lecture.

More information will come as the testing progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment