Archives

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

ASUS P4P8X Pentium 4 motherboard review

Here is an old golden. Out more than 4 years ago this Council is still available for those who want to add a new motherboard with a Pentium 4 system.

Old computers can last very, very long time and often get arranged long before their exhaustion capabilities and components abandon the ghost. This Commission solves a particular problem with very old boards, and it is the lack of capacity to upgrade.

But before we look at those, here's a list of features:

Pentium 4 supportTwo port SATA RAID3 x PCI card slots1 x PCIe x 168 x USBOnboard audioLAN extension port

Honestly, I can admit that I am always running a Pentium 4 processor on my main (and only) computer. He has been in service for 7 years. And still going.

I upgraded mainly to take advantage of SATA RAID. After my hard drive crashed and I lost all my data, I realized that I needed a kind of RAID solution for the sake of security. Motherboard upgraded had this as a built-in feature.

For an old system P4 this motherboard will allow the addition of a RAID configuration and upgrade to a decent graphics card. Integrated features such as audio and LAN may be too few extras added nice.

The price is not too low, but this product has been tested and come out a winner. With the years of performance behind him, he was guaranteed to work well.

Tags: , , , , ,

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment