Archives

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Arc - How to downgrade to 2.3.2, root with Gingerbreak, then update OTA to 2.3.3 & still retain root

A short 4 minute how-to video, showing how I compiled from various sources plus many days & nights of reading forum threads on how to downgrade to 2.3.2, root with Gingerbreak, then update OTA to 2.3.3 and still retaining root rights.

Enjoy the video and thank you everyone that discussed and shared about this initiative.

Note to those that had asked:
1. This method is only for those who have NOT unlocked the bootloader of their phone. OTA updates will not work for you.
2. This method has been only attempted (as far as I know) for the Arc, not Neo. I stand corrected if however you can find a Neo .ftf ROM but I personally don't own a Neo so I think it may work but can't say for sure. Go read about it.

See also my other video where if you just update to 2.3.3 though SEUS PC Companion, you will NOT be able to root your phone with Gingerbreak or any apps for that matter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVBQ8IOcyi4

No comments:

Post a Comment