Archives

Thursday, June 23, 2011

REVIEW >> Star Trek Phaser Mod coming to the PS3 Move


I have seen gun mods for the PS3 Move before, like the Flex-Fire, but this has to be the geeky-est. I wasn’t certain how to spell that last word, but you see what I mean.

I first saw the images of this Star Trek phaser mod last week, and I heard very little of it since. This is apparently in “pre-alpha”, so I wasn’t certain when Trekkies could get their hands on this.

However, I have just learned that Paramount intends to launch a Star Trek video game sometime in 2012. Just to let you know, the game is sort of a continuation of the new Star Trek universe that was established in the J.J. Abrams movie two summers ago.

I can’t help but wonder why in the world Paramount revived Star Trek, created a movie that a lot of people liked, and doesn’t seem to bother making a sequel. Perhaps Paramount is sick of this franchise and doesn’t want to reboot again it until more years have passed. Until then, the video game will suffice.

I suppose that the phaser mods for the PS3 Move will come in handy when the gamer plays Kirk or Spock. That is apparently an option in this game, seriously. I guess we’ll have to wait and see what else Paramount has in store next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment