Archives

Friday, June 10, 2011

REVIEW: KOR-FX is the neatest thing I’ve seen at E3, and it isn’t just for video games


While I was browsing the back area of E3, I saw a booth marked Play N Trade, and I didn’t think much of it until I saw this device that you see in the image.

I was then given a demonstration of its power, as this harness-shaped media enhancement device was placed upon my shoulders and plugged into an iPhone. I watched a scene from Jurassic Park. It was the famous one where the T-Rex shows up and the water does that rippling thing. I could feel the footsteps rock through my entire body, and I felt like I was in a 4D experience.

In short, the KOR-FX is nothing short of awesome, and any other extreme adjective that you care to use. I believe that it is the future of mobile technology, and perhaps later models will fold up for more compact use.

But you see my point. We seem to be taking our musical and video experiences with us on our mobile device. Why not make them more intense? I tell you, if the screen had been movie-sized, then my experience with Jurassic Park on the KOR-FX would have been better than when I first saw the movie in the theater.

According the brochure that I received, the KOR-FX is only available from Play N Trade. However, you can pre-order it at this site for about $189.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment