Archives

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ford Upgrades Sync Technology


As you probably know, I've been thrilled with the technology that GM incorporated into my Tahoe Hybrid. However, Ford has done an amazing job with their Sync Technology. The latest generation has taken it one step further.

The newest version allows you to access Pandora and have your Twitter feed read to you. This is done via BlueTooth from your smart phone and uses a new Ford application called AppLink. With satellite radio, I'm not sure why I'd want to access my Pandora account over my phone, but maybe that's a huge deal to a true music junkie.

However, this is only the beginning. There will be lots more to come of this system as the company develops more ways to use it.

There is a great article in the NY Times. Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment