Archives

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cone Beam for the General Practitioner?




The above video was shot last June in Chicago at the 3rd International Congress on 3D Dental Imaging. Even though the video is almost a year old, I believe what I said still holds true. I've been involved with 3D imaging for a while now and I continue to be amazed at the things that I see which would not have been possible without this technology.

We had a new server installed last Friday which, among many other benefits, features almost 2 terabytes of storage. The greatest use for that amount of storage will be the 3D scans that I continue to archive. Our old server had limited disk space and was making storage problematic but now I've got more than enough to do what I need to do.

As dentistry's "Technology Evangelist" I often find myself promoting technologies that others may not understand yet. To those of you who are questioning the need for 3D, take a look at a few scans. Ask your colleagues who use it what they think of it. Of better yet, drop me an email and come take a look at my Gendex CB-500HD and see for yourself. The increased knowledge will change the way you practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment