Archives

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Move SCVMM database

Hi

We have a SCVMM 08 in a VM.
We have the Database in a old serve. we need to move it to the new server.

I was searching to do it with a few steps.

I founded this link:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/virtualmachinemanager/thread/e3a76bb7-e769-482c-9135-49896d764eb9
The steps:
1) Backup the database by going to Administrator Console, Administration Page, on right hand side select "Back up Virtual Machine Manager". This will create a SQL backup (.bak) file on your specified location.
2) Uninstall the server
3) Install the server and now point it to the new SQL server location in the install wizard.
4) This will create new database
5) Run scvmmrecover.exe to recover the data from SQL backup (.bak) file created above into the new database


There is a SCVMMrecover script aswell.

I am going to use the link. I will write my experience in the next post.

Santos

No comments:

Post a Comment