Archives

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Google Simplifies Chrome Graphic




As a technophile and also someone who values and tries to watch his security, I've found myself moving further and further away from mainstream browsers. On my Windows machines, I rarely touch Internet Explorer and on my Macs, I rarely use Safari.

Instead, I've spent the last 2 or more years using alternative browsers Firefox and Google Chrome.

Both of these browsers are reliable, secure, nimble, and not bloated. They both (since they hold smaller percentages of the market) also seem to be much more rarely targeted by nefarious types looking to steal your data.

Google, or course, is a powerhouse of innovation and has, in addition to its Chrome Browser, announced that at some point in the not too distant future, they will be releasing Chrome OS. That's right, an Operating System that basically runs over the Internet. I've yet to see it in action, but Google doesn't usually just "tinker" with ideas, they make them work. So, when the official Chrome OS hits the Internet, you can bet I'll be there to see what it's all about.

However, something has happened recently that makes me wonder if the OS release isn't perhaps closer than we realize. This little event was the announcement by Google that they were changing the Chrome logo. Now, that doesn't really mean much, but Google has been known to change their logo on their search site to celebrate different holidays & causes... so maybe this is to celebrate the new OS?

The new logo is "slicker" with a cleaner look and less of an appearance of the old Milton Bradley memory game Simon. It's not showing up to mainstream users yet as it's only being released to high level testers, but you can bet it will trickle down to the masses soon. Will the OS be trickling down too? We can only hope...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment