Archives

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Impressions from the Chicago MidWinter Meeting

I've just returned from Chicago where the MidWinter Dental Meeting has just concluded.

This trip was a bit of a whirlwind for me.  I went in one day early for a meeting with DPR and a separate meeting with Shofu and almost every waking moment was spent either giving lectures or in meetings.  Despite my best efforts, I got very little time on the show floor.

However, I did get a chance to speak to several vendors who told me traffic was light on Thursday (which was expected) and much better on Friday.

Deals were being done and sales were being made.

As i said in my wrap up from the Yankee meeting, my feelings are that the economy has turned the corner.  Doctor's are spending & feeling optimistic.

Also vendors are re-energized and are showing great new products... many of which I'll be covering here.

I'm seeing great interest in the digital caries detection arena.  My lecture on this subject on Thursday afternoon had a great crowd with lots of really great questions.  I feel that doctors, hygienists, and assistants are really grasping  how important early detection of decay can be and how greatly it can benefit the patients.

So overall I'm classifying Chicago as a big success.  Things are only getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment