Archives

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Windows Mobile 5 on HTC Typhoon a.k.a Krome IQ700

I'm very excited to say that I have been successful in installing Windows Mobile 5 on my Windows Smartphone.I had to wait for so many days to test WM5 and finally,here I am,posting my 10 day experiences with this new ROM.

Firstly,if you are interested in trying this out:::
Backup your exisiting WM2003 ROM using the steps explained here.
Now,you can go ahead and download the latest version of WM5 from ronswens site(Version 4.1).
Ronswens described installation steps in great detail here.

Version 4.1 of WM5 for Typhoon is released pretty recently.I tested Version 4.0 and here goes my observations::
1)Pretty few amount of RAM(only 33%==5~6MB) is available when the phone boots.You can use Celetask(long press Home button) to close the unnecessary apps. and refreshing the memory.
2)When I use my phone as Bluetooth modem,sometimes it throws error msgs.We need to retry few times before we can connect.USB modem works fine though!!Bluetooth modem behaves properly at times!!
3)Cool new features added(few important apps. such as CeleTask,WMP10.0,... and the menu is changed too.You need to experience the new feel!!

Finally,I can now boast of using Opera with download manager.That means,I can download files directly to my phone,no more relying on PockeIE.I will discuss more about installing that version of Opera in my next post!!

p.s::From now on,I'm going to blog on apps. running on my WM5 enabled Typhoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment